Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Unit 5.3

Planning

What part of planning comes easy to me?
For me, the syntax I will use for different lessons is easy to plan for as well as making the assessments that we use to make sure the students are meeting the learning target. For syntax, we have been told to always use posters and visual aids so that students always have something to refer to. These work great in P.E. classes because there are usually a list of steps you need to follow when completing a certain move so if a student forgets a certain step in a process, they can look back at the poster for reference. 
Syntax Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

I find assessments fairly easy as well because we really just have to base them off of the learning targets and make sure they show competence of whatever the target is! I also like to add student voice at the end of every lesson I teach so I can see how the students thought the lesson went, what I can do better, and I can see what they learned about themselves from the lesson.

What part is not as intuitive?
The part of planning that is more difficult for me is figuring out my differentiated instruction and Culturally Responsive Practices. I fell like the biggest reason for this is I have not had a ton of experience in the actual classroom and don't have real students to base my lessons off of. We have learned a lot about these two parts so its not that I don't know what I should do when I have specific children in my classes but more so that I am not great at using my imagination to base my lessons off of students that I don't have. 

Center for Culturally Responsive Practices | Eastern Oregon University

No comments:

Post a Comment