Thursday, April 16, 2020

Content Learning Standards


Content Learning Standards
As a parent, standards are super useful because I will know almost exactly what my students will be learning before it happens. For Sexual Health it would also be good to know what they are being taught in class so that maybe I could give them a little intro about it so that they are not caught off guard in class. Lastly, it shows me that the teachers have actual plans for my children and aren’t just picking and choosing random units to teach about! If I can’t answer a question my child has, that is okay because everyone uses the standards so I can ask any of my friends for help. Even if are children are in different classes, the standards the students must get to are the same.

As a teacher, content learning standards make me more confident about teaching because it gives me a good baseline of what to do and makes lesson planning so much easier! If I ever have any questions about what my students have learned or need to learn, I can just look over at the standards and get my answer! I can also use standards as a way of giving the students a main goal to strive for and how if we all work together and are focused, we will achieve that goal.

Deconstructing standards is when the teacher determines individual learning targets from the standard. This is basically making short-term goals to reach your long-term goal (standard). I am getting a higher confidence in this the more I practice so by the time I start teaching I will be good. We were taught a lot about making learning targets in the P.E. department, so I am not worried about it, if anything I am more excited!


Using a learning target in classroom instruction

No comments:

Post a Comment