Friday, April 10, 2020


My Mindset
            I know that I want to be successful and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. This does make me very stressed out at times though which causes me to lose focus and makes my mind wander more than usual. I also am nervous to fail at times which sometimes makes it hard for me to attempt new things. I also know I am a very hands on learner and trying to learn things exclusively from reading can be very difficult for me.
            One thing that has impacted my life as a learner is the teachers that I had growing up. For the most part, they have always taught me to strive for greatness and to never really settle. At times I did feel a little scared to fail because I knew if I was to fail, my parents would not be happy. This has definitely been a setback for me.
            The score category I received on the mindset quiz was growth mindset with some fixed areas. I can see this being true because I usually can be confident in my abilities to improve but at times am not comfortable to get out of my comfort zone and try new things because I do not want to fail.
            My growth mindset impacts my experience as a learner by helping me learn from criticism, persist in the face of setbacks and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others where my fixed area, for right now, is having a tough time embracing challenges because I still am afraid to fail at times. 
This is a quote I saw the other day that I am trying to stick with and use when I have an opportunity to get out of my comfort zone and try something new!
5 Parenting Strategies to Develop a Growth Mindset
            One step I am trying to take to grow my mindset and my experience as a learner is, I started to read books in my down time that are intended to help increase my mental strength and confidence. I have never been a big reader, but I know that it is very good to read so I am to get over that hump of reading being a hassle to me so that soon it will become a habit or even a hobby of mine. This will help me in my goal to becoming a lifelong learner which is the goal I would like to see in my students one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment